Thank you for considering membership in the Highlands Chamber of Commerce. We look forward to serving your needs and representing your interests, and encourage you to become part of our group.
Top Ten Reasons to Join the Chamber
- High Return On Investment – Could be the best business investment you ever make.
- B2B Networking – meet and network with business leaders in the community.
- Referrals – Inquiries for local products and services are passed on to our members.
- Advertising & Marketing – The chamber offers many ways to get the word out about your business.
- Website – HighlandsChamberOfCommerce.com promotes its members to residents, tourists, and newcomers with a member directory and event calendar.
- Meetings – A place to network and find kinship and camaraderie; Meeting notices and minutes are distributed to all members and local newspapers and other media.
- Influence – Your opinions matter and can have a great impact in the community; we invite you to get involved.
- Free Listings – In addition to being on the website, your business will be listed on the sidewalk sign near the Thayer Gate, the Kiosk/Walking map by 3 tier garden, and on the upcoming kiosk at the future Welcome Center in Fort Montgomery.
- Advance Information – Receive advance information on all major events at West Point, Bear Mountain, and in the community.
- Affordable Membership – We offer several levels of membership suitable for any business, starting at only $50.00 per year! We also offer Volunteer Rebates.**
Click here to download and fill out our membership form. Then mail it to the name and address on the form with your check made out to Highlands Chamber of Commerce, Inc. If you have any questions, please contact us at 347-565-4460.
Select your membership level below, then click the blue “Join Us” button to pay securely with your credit or debit card. We can accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, and your bank’s debit card. Note that by paying this way, you agree that your membership will automatically be renewed each year and your credit card will be charged. We will contact you for additional information so you can be immediately added to our website.
*MEMBERSHIP OPTIONS EXPLAINED
A Supporting Member can be anyone. It is a “non-business” membership that allows the member to have a say and a vote in all chamber activities.
A Home Business with Zero Employees is a business with no storefront and no salaried employees. This membership level may have limited business promotion because there is no physical location that customers can walk into. Aside from that, they will be included in all possible Chamber promotions and will be able to vote in all chamber activities.
Businesses with employees and/or a physical location will select a level according to the number of full and part time employees at their location. Two part time employees count as one. Thus, a business with 10 part time employees still falls into the 1-5 level. We also lowered the dues for the 51+ employee level from $1000 to $550 back in December 2011.
Affiliated Member is for other not-for-profit organizations who want to attend meetings and coordinate their events with the chamber’s. Though they can post non-profit events to our website calendar, they receive little or no promotion from the chamber. They have no say and no vote on chamber activities or policy. Affiliated members may select another level of membership to increase their exposure and be able to vote.
**The Volunteer Rebate is for any paid member who consistently serves the chamber for 6 months or more. They will be rebated $50 of their membership fee (subject to board approval), and if their service continues each consecutive year after, membership dues will be reduced by $50 up front.